Coverflow Implementation using PSTCollectionView (iOS5 supported UICollectionView)
This is an iPhone project implementing Coverflow using iOS5 PSTCollectionViews (iOS5 supported UICollectionViews) and a custom PSTCollectionViewLayout
View it in action here: CollectionViewCoverFlow.mov
Yes, Apple demoed this at WWDC but I think the interpolation technique I use is rather neat and allows you to easily adjust the layout and behavior of the layout.
CInterpolator objects are a little like CAKeyFrameAnimation objects except they're not necessarily time based. You can use them for (linear) key frame interpolation between any keys and values
- The "Gloom" layer doesn't do a very good job with alpha backgrounds.
- Aliasing is very obvious on straight edges when rotation.
- Shadow needs to be longer to deal with perspective transform. See next item.
- Need to specify manually the Y position of cells so that we can force cells to draw offscreen (for shadows). Or just rely on UIKit's ability to not clip to bounds.
- Need to properly deal with aspect fill/fit images.