General purpose plain-text editor for macOS. Widely known for its live collaboration feature.
github.com/subethaedit/SubEthaEdit is the main development repository.
subethaedit.net is the base for the official releases in and out of the app store.
These instructions will get you a copy of the project up and running on your local machine for development and testing purposes.
Development is done on most recent macOS and you are expected to have a apple developer account.
- Clone the repo, and switch to the develop branch
- Initialise the submodules by
git submodule update --init
- Edit the
BuildConfig/Identity.xcconfigwith your team ID, Product Name and CFBundleIdentifier base. You can use
security find-identity -vto find out your Team ID.
- [optional] tell git to ignore those changes to get out of your way by
git update-index --skip-worktree BuildConfig/Identity.xcconfig
You should be all set to open up the shared workspace at
SubEthaEdit.xcworkspace and build the app.
Please read contributing for details on our code of conduct, and the process for submitting pull requests to us.
For general guidance on what is should/ and isn't shouldn't be SubEthaEdit, please refer to the application definintion document.
Matthias Bartelmeß - GitHub
Project email: subethaedit at lone.monkey.productions
See the full list of contributors.
See the full release change log history.
This project is distributed under the MIT License - see the LICENSE.txt file for details
- SubEthaEdit is trademarked by TheCodingMonkeys and Dominik Wagner, LoneMonkeyProductions.
- Thanks to the Xerox Parc Jupiter Project for Transactional Transformations.
- Thanks to the MiniUPnP project.
- For a full list of licenses and acknowlegdements see acknowledgements